Teaches Fiqh of Menstruation and Related Issues, Marriage, Divorce, Parenting and Coaches.
- Initiating and Upholding an Islamic Marriage by Hedaya Hartford
- Your Islamic Marriage Contract by Hedaya Hartford and Ashraf Muneeb
- A critical edition and commentary of Risala al-Birgivi in Arabic by Hedaya Hartford and Ashraf Muneeb
- Birgivi’s Manual Interpreted: Complete Fiqh of Menstruation & Related Issues by Hedaya Hartford and Ashraf Muneeb
- A Muslim Girl’s Guide - Coming of Age by Hedaya Hartford
- Graduated from University of California, Berkeley with a BA double major in Arabic and Islamic History and Culture (1981)
- Islamic Law at al-Azhar University ( completed 2 years) and Hanafi Fiqh and Tenets of Faith with Al-Azhar scholars (16 years)
- Privately studied several books in methodology & Hanafi Fiqh with Sheikh Hassan al-Hindi; Hanafi Fiqh, Hadith and Hadith sciences with Sheikh Adnan Darwish; Hanafi Fiqh with Sheikh Abdul Rahman Arjan; Hanafi Fiqh with Sheikh Ahmad al-Jammal; Tenets of Faith and al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya with Sheikh Mustafa al-Turkmani; Menstruation and related issues according to the Shafi’i school with Sheikh Hussein Darwish, Anisa Hanan Da’doosh and Dr. Mustafa Khin; Menstruation and related issues according to the Maliki school with Ustadh Abdus Shakur Brooks; tafsir with Sheikh Ali Hani. (7+ years)
She has published five books providing guidance to people in the West on marriage, marriage contracts, menstruation and a girl’s journey into adulthood. Regarding her book “Initiating and Upholding an Islamic Marriage” Imam Zaid Shakir, USA, says “Drawing on a wealth of knowledge and experience, joined from years of study and counseling, Ustadha Hedaya not only identifies the causes of many contemporary marital problems, but she also addresses them with penetrating and practical solutions.”
She lives in Jordan with her husband, Dr. Ashraf Muneeb and 2t2, their much beloved, beautiful blind cat, masha Allah.
Her students have described her as: insightful, generous, wise, witty, reliable, compassionate, devoted, confident, meticulous, inspirational, conscientious, nonconformist, inspiring, encouraging, knowledgeable, nonjudgmental, honest, and has common sense.